Starting today, business preparedness – and the peace of mind that comes with it – is no longer costly and time consuming. The Preaction Emergency Response Alliance™, a first-of-its-type private organization, offers business continuity, preparedness and disaster-response capabilities through a low monthly-fee, membership-based organization.
Lt. Gen. Russel L. Honoré (U.S. Army, ret.), known for restoring direction and effectiveness to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort, has been named Executive Director.
“The Preaction Alliance™ brings to bear considerable resources that will allow Members to effectively prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters – whether natural, terrorism, communicable illness or infrastructure failure. The lesson learned from Katrina and other recent disasters is clear: You are your own first responder,’’ said Gen. Honoré, under whose direction the Preaction Alliance (www.preaction.com) and its Sponsors will provide access to:
- The knowledge and plans needed to mitigate outcomes through Firestorm®, a national leader in crisis management, threat assessment/risk analysis, and business continuity;
- More than 900,000 of the critical products and supplies needed to prepare and respond to emergency situations from national maintenance, repair and operations leader W.W. Grainger, Inc.;
- The Preaction Exchange™, a cooperative business-to-business backup network to enable immediate local support in a crisis or disaster by connecting Members with pre-identified, mutually cohesive sites, capabilities, services and products.
- A Response-Recovery Intelligence Network with continuous news updates on emerging threats via Safe and Secure TV Channel’s broadband internet portal;
- A password-secure Critical Documents Repository, accessible to Members from any internet connection on a 24/7 basis;
- Medical response capabilities, including vaccinations and prescriptions, from Passport Health.
“For less than $1 per day per user, the Preaction Alliance makes private-sector organizations disaster ready, with everything they need to know, everything they need to have, and everything they need to do -- when they need it,’’ said Firestorm President/COO James W. Satterfield. “Businesses will have the peace of mind that comes with having a plan, being prepared and being able to continue operations through a disruption.’’
Visit www.preaction.com for more information.